Can you believe that a tree this large can be so completely covered in blossoms?!
We saw many amazing cherry trees in full bloom during our time in the Seattle area. (Thanks, Matt and Danaé, for such perfect wedding timing!) But it would be hard to top the giant tree right across the street from our hotel.
The shot above is from my third floor room window. Here are some more, in different light and from different angles...
 |
| street level, in sun, with cars for scale |
 |
| a little closer... |
 |
| ...and even closer... |
 |
| ...and closer yet |
There were trees like this (although not as massive) all over the area. Here's a row of them that made an ordinary strip center (near a brew pub where we had a couple of dinners) a garden of delight:
What's possibly even more astonishing is that these beauties are only one of the flower species on display in springtime around Puget Sound. Next time I'll share some photos of tulips, dogwoods, rhododendrons, and more!
 |
| flower commercialization at Pike Market |
2 comments:
Love this post too! I'm happy to say our cherry blossom season is coming to an end. I'm always sad to see them go but happy that it heralds summer!
They are SO spectacular! I've never been anywhere (DC is famous for them, too) during the peak blooming season. It was amazing!
Post a Comment