
Of course, the college season starts before the pros do, but pitchers and catchers for my beloved (and much maligned) Houston Astros will report to spring training a week from today. (You can count down to the minute with a gadget on the team home page!)
This year has the special added treat of the World Baseball Classic, which I think is 'way cool since I'm also a soccer fan. Soccer players at elite levels have played for both clubs and countries for ages, and it is so much fun to watch favorite players in different team surroundings. I can't help thinking it isn't too bad for international harmony either, but I guess that's debatable. 8-)
I also have some other special baseball plans on the drawing board for 2009. More about those later. For now, I'm just excited about the upcoming spring training and WBC games. Play ball!

2 comments:
Yeh, I can hardly wait.
I knew you'd be in sync with this post 8-)
Post a Comment