Monday, November 9, 2009

Big Easy teases

The very large number of photos I took in New Orleans, the wide variety of activities that filled our weekend, the fatigue generated by said activities and by driving 1000 miles in 4 days, plus a plethora of piles of projects at work....all adds up to not being able to get out a full report just yet.

But here are some images to whet the appetite:

at the Lafayette Cemetery in the Garden District

trusty Prius and Oak Alley plantation

grand opening of the new wing of the World War II Museum

Smell the sugar!

6 comments:

TBM said...

I can smell those beignets, cher!

I cannot even remember the last time I was in NO... way before the hurricane for sure. Can't wait to see your pics!

Mandy said...

1000 miles in four days??? No wonder you're tired! But you saw Tom Hanks - very exciting! Ca't wait for the rest of the story and pics.

steve l said...

pix from a fellow traveler who went less than 1000 miles here

Kathy Amen said...

Cool, Stiv. I like your blue dog photo better than mine 8-).

Joan Elsner said...

From another fellow traveler---between you and our brother, no need for me to even bring a camera along! Awesome photos you guys!

Kathy Amen said...

Thanks, Joan! I'll try and get some more posted this weekend.