And that goes double for the workhorse of our floral arsenal, the all-summer-long-blooming crape myrtles.

Here's a typically rich example
These guys have been just loaded with blooms all over town, including a less-than-photogenic
white one in our back yard that, nonetheless, leaves a generous offering of petals on my windshield every morning, as you can see on the right.

Other varieties of colors are also on display, like the lovely lilac shade on the left. I've even seen some deliciously dark, dark, red blossoms, but not in places where I could stop and snap a photo.
Most of them, though, are the luscious pink that you can see in my other photos. Although, trust me, my camera work doesn't really do the hue justice.
white one in our back yard that, nonetheless, leaves a generous offering of petals on my windshield every morning, as you can see on the right.
Other varieties of colors are also on display, like the lovely lilac shade on the left. I've even seen some deliciously dark, dark, red blossoms, but not in places where I could stop and snap a photo.
Most of them, though, are the luscious pink that you can see in my other photos. Although, trust me, my camera work doesn't really do the hue justice.

I get to see this wonderful lineup of beauties every day on the way to and from work. Some genius planted them all along Woodlawn Avenue's tiny esplanade some years ago, and paving the street with gold couldn't have made it any more spectacular!
Normally, these amazing trees bloom all summer, no matter what the water situation. I wonder if that will be true this year, though, since they've put out so much energy so early. Many of the trees still have plenty of buds, though, so I'm hopeful.


2 comments:
What gorgeous blooms! That is one of my only near-complaints in London - the blossoms are so short lived and are all long gone by now!!
Very pretty! We had two fuchsia and three white ones in the front garden of our Heights house. I miss them.
Post a Comment