Hmmm. Maybe you and I should do a house swap next summer! You can have my non-summer and two naughty dogs, and I'll have your triple digit temps and brown lawn!
the drought is unusual, at least for southeast Texas; here we generally get our high temps coupled with equally high humidity....this summer has felt like more like Phoenix; H-town is projected to lose 10% of its trees due to lack of water, that's more than your average hurricane claims
I read in a Rice blog that I follow that they've lost a lot of trees already and have volunteers out watering others during permitted hours. Never thought H-town would come to such a pass!
I am a retired librarian who loves to travel and also loves the comforts of home. The purpose of this blog is to encourage appreciation for the special wonder and uniqueness of everything I see—around the house, around town, and on my travels.
8 comments:
cool off means dropping into the double digits, n'est pas?
Correct-o-mundo. Sigh.
Triple digit summers, blue skies and huge, fluffy clouds. Yes. I do think I'd feel right at home in Texas.
Unfortunately, I know that with all of this comes the drought and the discomfort but I wasn't made for English non-summers.
I don't know, Emm, English non-summers sound pretty good to me about now!
Hmmm. Maybe you and I should do a house swap next summer! You can have my non-summer and two naughty dogs, and I'll have your triple digit temps and brown lawn!
Deal! Except you might have to keep the dogs with you 8-).
the drought is unusual, at least for southeast Texas; here we generally get our high temps coupled with equally high humidity....this summer has felt like more like Phoenix; H-town is projected to lose 10% of its trees due to lack of water, that's more than your average hurricane claims
I read in a Rice blog that I follow that they've lost a lot of trees already and have volunteers out watering others during permitted hours. Never thought H-town would come to such a pass!
Post a Comment