Sunday, August 5, 2012

Vintage wheels

Just a sampling of the super-cool, and super-lovingly-maintained, cars on view at today's Angel of Shavano* Car Show in lovely downtown Salida, Colorado:





Great way to while away some time in town. 

*Said "angel" often appears when enough snow accumulates in a gully along an upper slope of Mt. Shavano, a 14'er easily viewable from town (it's the highest peak in the shot I took from atop the "S" (for Salida; it's in the background of the Corvette shot above) hill in this post). My sister and I both somewhat dispute the "angel" moniker, thinking it looks a little more wraith-like, but I guess an angel is a more positive totem than a ring-wraith, especially if you're considering climbing that high!

2 comments:

Emm in London said...

Oh, I love vintage cars, especially from the 1940s to the 1960s. I'd have enjoyed this. I guess if you watch certain prime time dramas, wraiths might actually be preferable to angels these days!

Kathy Amen said...

They were all SO beautiful! Very lovingly cared for, obviously. It was a great show, much more entertaining than I was expecting.