Thursday, November 29, 2012

A new way to sleep

Just when you might think you've seen everything...


....the gearheads [otherwise known as husbands] come up with something new and cool.

Previously unbeknownst to me, Henry has found a new internet addiction: hammock talk. Apparently there is a lot more to this napping technology than I ever dreamed  of (no pun intended).

They make hammocks that are like little tents, so that you can sleep outdoors anywhere...anywhere with trees to tie up to, that is.


And it turns out to be just as cool as it sounds! I got to try it out and took the picture above before the tarp (analogous to a rain fly) was put on. Things look a little hazy through the bug netting, but you certainly can still see the trees. And, presumably at night, the stars, too. (That is, if you keep your glasses on...but the device has an answer for that, too, with a little built-in hanging storage bag for putting things like that away.)

The picture at the top of the post shows the hammock, weighted down with Henry, complete with the tarp. And here's the view from inside with the "roof" on:


Although I just tried it out for a short nap during our Thanksgiving trip to the hill country, Henry spent a night in it out there.  Plus, he even slept in the second hammock he bought, in the back yard, the other night. Best to try them out with amenities close at hand, before taking them on the road.

Which we may do soon. Stay tuned! [More pix and stories from our Thanksgiving trip are coming soon as well.]

5 comments:

steve l said...

can't shake the feeling that to a bear, it makes you look like a breakfast taco

Kathy Amen said...

Gee, it really is taco-shaped, isn't it?

Little A said...

I think I would have a back ache, as I need firm support for sleeping.

steve l said...

to be honest, first thing in the morning all sorts of things look like breakfast tacos to me

Kathy Amen said...

It was comfortable to me for a nap, don't know how the back would feel after a night in it...