Sunday, September 15, 2013

Strolling on the river

As I mentioned in some of my LoneStarCon3 posts, I didn't have to worry about parking while attending the downtown event, thanks to my monthly pass and our fine bus system. When I first started investigating downtown stops, I was expecting to find a place to be dropped off right at the Convention Center. But that would have involved some connections; my #5 bus' nearest stop was several blocks away.

Which turned out to be a bonus treat! As I was able to walk the whole way along our wonderful River Walk.

Here are some shots I snapped on some of these morning strolls...

looking back at the Bexar County Courthouse
tourist barge floating under the Presa Street bridge
downtown hotel on S.St. Mary's Street
looking at Casa Rio's umbrellas, under the Market Street bridge
architectural details on the Tower Life Building, from the River
looking back at the Tower Life Building,
from the Arneson River Theatre
another Tower, of the Americas this time, from the River
"St. Joske's," on Commerce Street
stairs leading up to La Villita
"the Torch," seen peeking over a footbridge next to the Hilton Hotel
I love walking along the River (especially in the mornings when it's cool and not so crowded). And I love the way the buildings along the streets above are framed by the trees, bridges, and other River paraphernalia. I hope you do, too!

No comments: