Friday, December 27, 2013

A good color winter

When you've seen as many seasons change as I have, sometimes they tend to run together in the random access memory.

But it really seems to me that 2013 has been an exceptional year for "fall" color (which comes into its full splendor in winter around here).

See what you think...

cedar elms were particularly bright...this is one on campus

looking up our street

in front of St. Louis Hall on campus

our cedar elms

the view from our porch

The photos above were all taken earlier in the month. Now almost all the cedar elm leaves are down, but a rather surprising corner of our yard has taken center stage at this late date.


This is the cheery view that greets me from my kitchen window here at year's end.

On the right is the large golden raintree that I've written about before. It was a "volunteer" in my Mom's yard in Houston before it came to live in San Antonio, obviously many years ago. The little guy on the left is a newer volunteer, an SA native.

I've always liked having these trees in our yard, but I honestly don't remember them giving us quite such bright color in years past. 

I hope you are all enjoying your Christmas/New Year inter-week and that you have such nice views out your windows.

No comments: