Monday, January 20, 2014

Majestic touches

Last time I blogged about my symphony outing, I promised to show you more of the wonderful Majestic Theatre where the performances happen (until next season).

I didn't take too many pictures on Saturday (when I heard some great Dvořák), but I thought they demonstrate that even small, pragmatic touches in this place are magical.


This the overhang lighting out on the sidewalk in front of the theatre. Very functional, in that it lights up the area wonderfully. Plus, it's very handsome, I think.

The rest of the pictures I took right from my balcony seat during intermission...

I wouldn't want to have to carry my bass fiddle into the loo...would you?
Talk about a functional sign, you have to have the exits marked, right?


...but have you ever seen a lovelier one?

Other light fixtures are just as exquisite...


As is this niche in the wall (which I think leads to some luxury suites?)...


I'll try to snap some more details next time. I've got 3 more concerts to go on this season's program...three more visits to this wonderful theatre, at least.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I like Dvořák too but I'm glad you took some photos! What a grand old place!