Saturday, December 6, 2014

New England in south Texas

Thanks to an early cold (for us) snap, we are enjoying one of our best color autumns in years! Here's a sample from around the area, for your enjoyment...

at the end of my street
I swear I don't remember some of the trees that are spectacular this year ever being colorful at all before! A good example is the guy above. I'm not even sure what kind of tree this is...never having noticed it before.

one of our front yard trees
The cedar elms in our front yard are always nice, but seem to have a little extra punch this year...


...as do these beauties at St. Mary's...

next to St. Louis Hall


at the front parking lot
Not just San Antonio, but the whole area, is experiencing a peak color season...

looking up in an Austin back yard (note the half-moon)

reflections in the San Marcos River
These may not seem like much to our friends and family in the far northeast, but for us they're pretty special!

No comments: