Friday, April 28, 2017

A few scenes around Beantown

I didn't spend much time in Boston when I wasn't in their fabulous Museum of Science, but we did a little walking between train stations, museum, and meal spots. So I got to snap a few samples of the city's fine architecture.

the Custom House, glimpsed among more recent structures
Not surprisingly, there were several handsome churches along our walk. I'm pretty sure this one is the Old West Church, a sign on whose fence I featured last Wordless Wednesday. Not just one shot would suffice for such a lovely building...




This impressive structure, just a few blocks from the museum, caught my eye, but my google maps research couldn't tell me what it is...


Just across the street is a really remarkable building that looks like it could have been designed by a Soviet-era architect on acid...


It is enormous, and google did help us here: it's, not too surprisingly, a government building, housing state mental health and revenue agencies, among other offices. Definitely distinctive, we couldn't decide if it was just ugly or strangely beautiful, but it was eye-catching!

We passed the Gahden on our way into town, and caught our train for home at the North Station which is adjacent to it. Fortunately, we didn't need this handy garage, though...


...although if I were to need a parking garage in Boston, I guess I'd have to use the preferred garage of the Celtics!

Next time I venture north to visit this little lady, we'll have to make another trip to Boston and see some more of its fascinating sights.

2 comments:

Joan E said...

Oh my goodness, she is getting cuter by the month. Looking more and more like her dad, I'm thinkin'. Boston is such a great place to explore on foot!

Kathy Amen said...

I think she's a pretty good mixture, it seems to depend on her expression, who she looks like.