The coolest city being, of course, Austin.
They have a brand-spanking-new main library and it is spectacular! Well worth making it a tourist destination during a recent weekend there.
The architectural plan takes openness to the extreme, which makes for photogenic views wherever you look...
I especially enjoyed the views looking straight down from the upper levels...
The stairways and other paths that let you get from one place to another in the huge structure are wonders in themselves...
Plus there are smaller touches that are also fun and worth snapping, from quirky furniture...
...to seasonal decor...
...to funky windows into specialized areas...
A not-so-small decorative element is this...clock?...that dominates a central wall. At least I guess it's not meant to be functional, since I can't figure out how to tell the time from it. Am I missing something?
![]() |
| the pendulum at the bottom does move back and forth |
Our young visitor also enjoyed one of the coolest areas of the building, the roof garden that extends almost all around the building up on top...
It offers some spectacular views...
![]() |
| looking across Town Lake to the Palmer Center |
![]() |
| the nice lawn in front of the old power building |
![]() |
| Austin downtown is really booming |


















No comments:
Post a Comment