A hike with my college buddies along the Continental Divide showed me some different flowers than the ones I showed you last time. But there were some duplicates as well.
For instance, the Heartleaf Arnica you see above was spectacular. Here are a couple more panoramic shots of this gorgeous expanse of these lovely, cheerful flowers...
These weren't the only pretty yellow blooms on display. I think this is a sulphurflower (if I have the name wrong, at least it's apt!). I wasn't able to get anything in the frame for scale, but take my word for it, those little bloomlets are tiny...
Here are some more tiny flowers. I could have sworn that on a previous trip I'd found them in at least one of my flower books (and, of course, not remembered the name), but this time they eluded me...
And here's another patch of unidentified but fabulous flora; this shot doesn't even get the whole expanse...
These asters are especially handsome, don't you think?
That little sprig was 'way up high, at just about the top mark of our hike...
Hooray! The library's internet is back! However, I'm heading off on a subsidiary adventure soon and won't be taking my laptop, so it might be a while before I can finish off my Colorado postings (think fires and DIY), plus fill you in on my extra trip. So please be patient and stay tuned!









No comments:
Post a Comment