Friday, September 21, 2018

Double my pleasure

Henry blogged for the first time in a year the other day; I know I haven't had that long a hiatus, but it sometimes feels that way.

A crazy summer of upset travel plans and super-exciting family happenings just didn't leave me with enough mental energy to blog. But I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things today.

Here's a taste of the most wonderful of the news that's kept me from the blogosphere:


Yes, that's TWO new granddaughters, born within a month of each other. Both are doing very well and providing endless Gramma-fun.

I'm in Maine right now visiting the New England granddaughers and not only is the Gramma-ing fantastic, but the weather is, too! It's lots cooler than at home and will be getting downright chilly before I head back south. Hopefully before that happens the beginnings of fall color will be apparent, but even now there are neat things to see on walks around the area.


These lovely morning glories (although still blooming into the afternoon) are climbing over the fence around the community garden.


Usually I'm disappointed when I see the photo I've taken of a really luminously-colored flower, but these are so richly pigmented that I think their purple glow comes through pretty well in the pixels.

Some more flowers spotted at the garden...




Aren't these blooms bright and cheerful?! And they're big, too. Here's a shot with sleeping baby in it for some scale:


Of course, since fall is approaching, fruits are part of the picture, too. We went apple picking yesterday at what I think you'll agree is a very productive orchard...




Stay tuned for more Maine scenery and kid pix!

a young apple-picker

No comments: