One of the items on our (unfortunately) short NY attractions list was one of the city's finest achievements—the High Line park.
The photo above is taken from the walkway, at one of the points where you cross over a busy street below. These were some of the most photogenic points on the regrettably short walk we took (you'll remember, from my last post, that it was rainy and rather cold). Here's another street shot:
But of course the most remarkable aspect of the "park" is the walkway itself...
I'm sure it would have been much more crowded on a nicer day...
I'd love to see it in springtime!
As you can see in that last shot, there are stretches where the buildings are right on top of the line; I wonder how noisy those apartments would have been when the train was running! But now they're just, I'm sure, super-fancy addresses.
And of course, in the distance, are even more remarkable buildings. The way views are in almost any direction, from anywhere in this amazing metropolis...
But closer at hand, are some interesting art installations and other objects, like this seemingly ancient arch...
I couldn't find (through an admittedly cursory google search) what it is, but I assume perhaps it was part of the original rail infrastructure?
Our visit to the Big Apple was much too short, but perhaps we'll go back for another visit, and not wait 18 years this time. Here's a farewell shot of the Manhattan skyline from the window of our plane, taxiing for takeoff from EWR...









2 comments:
Looks like you really made the most of your short visit!
Even with colds! We felt like we had to!
Post a Comment