Friday, January 24, 2020

Winter Wonderland


Well, at least it's a wonderland if you don't have to shovel your driveway or drive on icy streets!

But if you're a tourist who gets driven around by experts, and just gets to enjoy watching Adorable Granddaughters frolic in the snow (and ice)...well, it's simply wonderful!

oldest A.G. is very experienced at getting around

the Texas A.G. was fascinated by the white stuff;
but by the bulky outerwear—not so much

future Winter Olympian trying out the ice
The last time I visited Maine in winter there was plenty of snow (and ice) on the ground, but it was all old. This time, though, I got treated to a couple of snow showers, thereby getting to experience the beauty of the new-fallen stuff on all the trees, roofs, and other surfaces within camera-shot.

Here are some samples to stoke your sense of wonder...







view thru my skylight



interesting that the manhole covers melt the snow, at least for a while



these accessories might come in handy...
We had preview of what awaited on our flight into town:


I'm not snow-struck enough to think I could live up here year-round, but it sure is fun in small doses!

2 comments:

Joan E said...

Great pictures. I must say, for me, dealing with snow and ice all winter (and mud in spring) is preferable to dealing with scorching heat all summer.

Kathy Amen said...

It's definitely a close call!