My verbal creativity juices are at a low ebb these days, but I can't help but notice what an amazing spring we're having, flower-wise. So I wanted to share some of the beautiful sights I've noticed on my daily walks.
Lots of the flora around here seem to be putting out a bumper crop of blooms and fruit, as if to help get us through this crazy time. I hope it's the same wherever you are.
 |
| I wish I could send along the aroma of these bountiful honeysuckle blooms! |
 |
| vibrant bougainvilla |
 |
| the hardy lantana will be with us all summer |
 |
| more brushes than usual on the bottle-brush plant |
 |
| some kind of wild rose? |
 |
| new growth on the cactus is as pretty as blooms |
I was surprised to see these amazing growths on a nearby palm tree. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything this garish on these trees!
Other trees are also putting on a show. The new leaves on mesquites are always so lovely...
...and the loquats have just gone bonkers!
I've saved the most spectacular shot for last. This is a gargantuan century plant over in Alamo Heights. I don't know if I've ever seen one so tall!
4 comments:
Wow! That is impressive growth. We have lots of blooms here in CO, too. Don't know if it is bumper crop or it just seems so in these dark times. Hope our recent hard freeze (low of 20!)didn't do too much damage.
i hope not, too. We've had more rain than usual, which is I think what we have to thank for our bounty.
Quel dommage! Three below freezing nights in a row have reduced our peach crop by 75% here in the valley.
Oh, no! that's terrible news!
Post a Comment