Sunday, February 21, 2021

The pretty parts of our hellish week

Looking up our street Monday morning

Yes, we had a week like none ever in my lifetime here in [usually] balmy San Antonio. Today, however, it's 70 degrees out and all the snow and ice is gone. Wild, huh? 

We hear that almost everybody has their power back (now that they don't really need it to keep from freezing) as well as their water. So the whole nightmare is beginning to seem somewhat unreal; especially since we're among the lucky ones that have no busted pipes to inconvenience us.

It seems especially as I look out the window today and then at my computer screen where I've assembled some of the favorite pictures I took of the most unusual scenes. I'll go into more detail later, but for now, enjoy the beauty of things-usually-never-covered-in-snow-now-covered-in-it...

I love tree limbs with snow, they look even more beautiful than usual


thick white on our palmetto and hosta,
both of which came through the deep freeze just fine


grass peeping through on Tuesday, after a little melting


our nandina berries in their own little sacs:
re-frozen meltwater from the roof

2 comments:

Joan E said...

Beautiful! I love the way things look covered in fresh snow. It's the brown, melting, mud season days that follow that are the downside of the beauty.

Kathy Amen said...

Not to mention all the dead landscaping. I just got back from a walk and it's pretty yucky.