Tuesday, July 8, 2025

Heathrow: farewell to the UK


I knew Heathrow is a ginormous airport, but I still was blown away when I looked at this Terminal 5 departure board. Yikes! Where can't you go from here?! You can get to Austin, for sure (see our flight in the red box). But apparently not Reykjavík, since the kids' Iceland Air flight left from Terminal 4. That meant we couldn't hang out with them. But since we had to check out of the hotel long before our flight, we still had plenty of time to enjoy Terminal 5's amenities. Including...


Henry was able to pound out his usual six or seven notes of Rachmaninoff; fortunately the area wasn't too crowded so only a few travelers were disturbed by this  .

All too soon we were leaving the land of bangers and mash. Hope we can come back someday!

No comments: