
It's really amazing what happens when we get adequate rainfall! I've been very impressed on my morning walks (which I can take every day now!) with the profusion of blooms in the neighborhood this year.
Our wonderful
crape myrtles are reliable bloomers even when moisture is scarce. But they seem to have responded especially well to the recent rains and are outdoing themselves. The tree above and on the right is a few blocks away, on my generic walking route. What a treat, to have such sights so easy to hand.
Going through my photos from the past couple of months, I found good snaps further afield as well. Here are some that especially caught my eye, from far and near...
 |
| a lovely exotic on the St. Mary's campus...can anyone tell me what it is? |
 |
| another lovely I can't identify...on the Trinity campus |
 |
| yet another mystery...there are lots of these little lilies all over...this was at Trinity |
 |
| sunflower on a neighborhood walk |
 |
| oodles of lantana everywhere...these are on the beautifully-maintained Trinity campus |
 |
| one of my neighbors has this delightful bit of wild meadow in their lawn |
I'm not much of a gardener, but even my poor yard has given us some floral bounty. I've never seen this many blooms on my white
althea...
 |
| please ignore trim that badly needs to be painted |
 |
| so pretty! |
...and it's been a few years since we've had blooms on these severely-neglected
day-lilies...
I'll close with a very unusual "flower" that I've seen all over the neighborhood, although not on our own
sago palms. (They might not get enough sunlight to be able to produce these amazing cones.) Impressive, eh?
2 comments:
Absolutely beautiful! Everything in the south east of England has gone green which is what I love about our summers.
I wish I could see English gardens in the summer! Maybe someday...
Post a Comment