I took a little care in deciding where to sit on my Baltimore-to-Boston flight last week. And did I ever choose correctly!
The left side of the plane is the one to pick, especially on a clear day. I was able to get some great views of New York City, and was unreasonably pleased with having made this choice. It's amazing to realize that those little lego-looking towers are the massive skyscrapers of the Big Apple!
Here are the rest of my NYC pictures...
![]() |
| closeup of the skyscrapers |
![]() |
| closeup of the Battery area; I *think* the red box is the new One World Trade Center |
![]() |
| at first glance I was puzzled about the green rectangle...but of course it's Central Park |
I enjoyed the view for the rest of the ride, too, and got a couple of interesting shots as we approached Boston.
![]() |
| we skirted the little squall you can see at the right on the horizon |
![]() |
| so many boats! how do they avoid collisions?! |
What am I doing in Boston? Well, that wasn't my final destination. I'm pretty busy having fun with my little granddaughter in Portland, Maine. But I have taken a few pictures of attractions in this lovely town other than her, and will be sharing those with you in upcoming posts.







3 comments:
Oh, what lovely photos. Hope you're having a super time in Portland!
Portland is great! And cool! (Most of the time)
It is so amazing how densely packed the NYC area is. Native Americans from back in the day would be astounded.
Post a Comment