I'm still walking around the neighborhood, and sometimes on different streets, and I'm still finding lots of gorgeous flowers. So I decided to share a few more flower photos as an addendum to my earlier post on the subject.
The gorgeous morning glories in the photo above (which, in companionship with those bright yellow blossoms, are a beautiful expression of Alamo Heights and St. Mary's school colors!) climb all the way up a streetlight pole...they have really come alive with our generous rains.
Not far from the morning glories are these lovelies...can someone tell me what they are?
This sago palm has two fruiting bodies, and the contrast with the bright red blooms at its foot is stunning...
Many years ago, when I was singing with a madrigal group, we performed "Adieu, Sweet Amaryllis," so I'm somewhat partial to these flashy flowers. This fine specimen is in a yard on my street...
And talk about flashy! This super-daisy is on one of my regular routes...
Even though it's getting hotter by the day, I'm still trying to do a daily walk, so I might find more worthy blossoms. And if I do, keep on the lookout for Part 3!






2 comments:
The purplish blue flowers look a lot like wild blue phlox or even sweet William but the white border on the petals is a little different.......
I think phlox is what I was trying to remember. They have a lot of varieties.
Post a Comment