Saturday, December 12, 2009

¡Sábado gigante!

Well, maybe not exactly the atmosphere of the noisy, rather racy, Univision variety show. But I did have a lot of fun today the San Antonio Museum of Art's Bazar Sábado, a folk art Christmas market/fundraiser loaded with wonderful stuff. Mostly from Latin America.

You can get a taste of what's on offer in the picture at the right, which I snapped before the large crowds of customers invaded the bazaar.

Some friends just happen to be in charge of the jewelry counter and needed volunteers.

So....they asked me to be surrounded by cool jewelry, get to see lots of happy Christmas shoppers buying stuff they're thrilled to find, and know I'm helping a good cause....twist my arm!

Even though I'd already almost finished my Christmas shopping I couldn't resist buying just a little more. Next year I may wait for this cool event to do my shopping.

2 comments:

TBM said...

I would love that market!

Were there food booths too?

Kathy Amen said...

Yes, you would! There was some food from a local eatery that's really good. That's where I had my lunch. But no variety of food booths. It's a pretty small area and almost all given over to folkart items.