Thursday, May 27, 2010

One day between trips

That's right. We just barely got home from our 10-state drive and I'm off again.

Tomorrow I head for Houston (via an overnight stop with my cousin in Brenham) to experience a two-sport weekend with my daughter. We'll see a Houston Dynamo Major League Soccer game (our first!) on Saturday night. This is a Houston sports team that has actually won a championship (two, in fact) in the 21st century. Then, after a relaxing day Sunday (perhaps a museum visit) we'll see our Astros Monday afternoon. Even though they are having a pitiful season this year, we're still fans and still enjoy our time at the ballpark.

This means I'm pretty busy today and won't be able to start telling you about our last trip until I get back from Houston. But I did dash off a quick Google map yesterday showing our route and our major stops:



View a larger version of the map here.


So you'll know what's coming. Note that the drawing lines following roads feature in Google Maps is a little squirrely, so if you zoom in, some of the lines and dots won't be too accurate.

Careful readers of the notes I've written to identify the markers will notice the mention of not one, but two rafts. The slightly deranged spouse is rapidly moving toward seriously derangement, and his eccentricity might be losing a bit of its adorableness. (See this post for an explanation of these references.) Here are the "babies" with their new and old owners:



Do you think, maybe, we have enough boats now?

1 comment:

TBM said...

Wow! Congrats on the additions to your fleet ;-)

And have fun in Houston!