Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Summer plans (and fun with calendars)

Summer plans this year must take the World Cup into account, at least from mid-June to mid-July. If traveling during that time (which I will be!) stops will have to be arranged in towns with sports bars around game time. (In west Texas, this might be difficult....so you see why I have to plan ahead.)

You can also watch all of the games online at ESPN, which I've done during some previous events. I was very impressed by the video quality. Since we don't yet have country-wide, free, wifi coverage, though, I'll still have to find sports bars when traveling. But for those game days when I have to be at work...fortunately I can probably find jobs to do while watching.

To help all of us make these plans, I've made a Google calendar with the games, times, and TV information, and thought I'd share it with you. We just put up a calendar for summer work schedules at the Library and it was so easy I decided to do one for this
much more importantmore trivial purpose. I got the information from ESPN's website, and I think there was a mistake in their times for the semi-final games. So I just left the times off these, but will add them when I find the correct information. I'll also be updating the match-ups after group play when we know who will be advancing. Here's hoping both the US and England keep playing a long time!

2 comments:

Diane Duesterhoeft said...

This message appears at the top of the Google calendar:
Events from one or more calendars could not be shown here because you do not have the permission to view them.

Kathy Amen said...

Oops! I was planning on consulting with you about settings. Guess I should make it public, eh? I thought I didn't need to with the embed code.

Thanks for letting me know about this.