Friday, January 14, 2011

Faux snow

Very rarely in winter do we have cold enough temperatures on a sustained enough basis to allow us to do something like this:


But a couple of days ago some enterprising students took a look at the week's forecast and thought it might work. Which it has! This "snow field" was at least a day old when I took this picture. We've had several days in a row with highs only in the 30's. Very unusual for South Texas.



Stay tuned for pictures and tales from my close encounters with the real white stuff over the next week or so.

2 comments:

Diane Duesterhoeft said...

I'm glad you captured a photo of the rare event of "snow" on the St. Mary's University campus!

Kathy Amen said...

I'm glad I remembered to leave that way, with my camera. Also glad there were some kids playing there at that time.