For those of us of a certain age, the title of this post will automatically start the mental jukebox singing this song. For the young-uns who might need to learn this bit of ancient Americana, here's the YouTube video I took the still above from.Dinah Shore's trademark blown kiss at the end was definitely the highlight of the ditty, much imitated in my Chevy-centric childhood household.
But this is really just a roundabout way of saying I won't be blogging for a couple of weeks, as I will be too busy seeing sights from Denver to Boston to Bar Harbor, Maine. [You'll note that all of these destinations have one thing in common: they're north of the Mason-Dixon line, and also, hopefully north of the 90° isobar on the temperature map.]
My brother, sister and I are combining a visit with the newest member of our family (great-niece Evie in Denver) with a spin through New England. Covering all that real estate should provide several posts-worth of material for when I return, don't you think?

3 comments:
Oooh! Have fun! I hope you have a fabulous time and look forward to the photos! I haven't heard that song before... I feel uncultured now! I love her styling in the video - it is a good quality!
I don't remember what TV show we used to watch that always had that commercial, but it must have been a popular one in my household, because the ad really has stayed with me! I guess whatever Mad Man wrote it would be happy 8-)
Well this may be evidence of some heavenly interference; had reserved a Ford (personally try to avoid any post '72 GM products) SUV but then as thanks for signing the empire up they offered us a significantly cheaper deal if we went with the Chevy Impala or similar four door.
Post a Comment