Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Trip Teasers

view from Cadillac Mt., Acadia National Park, Maine

It will be a while before I can sufficiently organize the almost 500 photos I took on the very fun, and very diverse, trip across the country from which I just returned. [500?! Yes! to think that we considered the 350 slides we took in Alaska in 1992 to be a bit excessive....]

amazingly clear Atlantic water on the
rocky coast of Great Cranberry Isle, Maine

But I'm having such fun looking through them (so glad I planned to take the day off from work) I have to start sharing.

sunset from Coors Field, Denver (most beautiful ball park in the world)

I think you'll agree that we managed to fit an awful lot of sight-seeing and activities into a pretty short trip.

grave in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, cemetery

Few areas of the country have such an intriguing and impressive mix of natural beauty, cultural attractions, and fascinating history as does New England.

flowering tree in Bar Harbor, Maine

Flowers, flowers, everywhere...panoramic views...intimate views...quirky details...they have it all.

lobster pots in a yard on Great Cranberry Isle

view of Bucksport, Maine, from
the Penobscot Narrows Observatory


rocks, lichen, and sea on Great Cranberry Isle

Stay tuned!

No comments: