I thought I'd gotten all the mileage I could out of the photos I took in Colorado in November. Then as I was looking through the folder for something else, I remembered this little collection.
I wanted to show you how amazingly beautiful it looks when a little stream (specifically, the south fork of the South Arkansas River) starts to ice over.
Now, our little fork normally doesn't ever completely freeze up. But it definitely starts to. And I don't remember ever noticing what a visually stunning process this is. Then, I've never been up here in November, either, when there's not heaps of snow hiding the stream and when there haven't been that many frigid nights yet.
Isn't the delicate-looking little proto-ice-shelf lovely over the rushing water? I was so taken by this phenomenon I took a short video. Especially look at the water, when I zoom in on some rocks, seeping under the ice.
What a reminder to look closely at what's around you! Words of wisdom from a very nifty little book* I just bought:
The real voyage of discovery
consists not in seeking new landscapes,
but in having new eyes.
—Marcel Proust
No Foreign Lands: 100 of the Most Inspiring Travel Quotes of All Time. Matador's made a book!





No comments:
Post a Comment