And I can make a suggestion for a charming and entertaining way to start the process:
Yes, my super-talented son and daughter-in-law are at it again! If you followed an earlier suggestion of mine you should know at least a little Korean. And now you can share this fascinating culture (that has brought us kimchi, soju, and cute pro soccer players, among many other advantages) with the little ones.
Hal is co-author and Carey is illustrator of this charming picture book. Yes, I have bought multiple copies, as you can see. I'm happy to be Great-Aunt Kathy (otherwise known as GAK) to several adorable great-nieces and -nephews. Who will soon be able not only to learn a little Korean, but will be proud to have such creative cousins.
Order your own copy(ies) today! Here's a handy amazon link. Give the kids in your life a boost for life in the 21st century!


4 comments:
Cool! When is there going to be one for Mandarin or French - for me? My grandkids are already bilingual!
That's right, they don't need help with that, do they?!
Actually, Carey has also illustrated a Chinese title in the series. I'll let you know when it comes out! I'll want to get it, too; I'm really enjoying learning a little Mandarin this semester.
That is so col - you must be very proud. I absolutely agree with you. Living in England makes me despair at times at how against multi-culturalism people can be here. In South Africa, with 11 official languages, multi-culturalism was a fact of life and we embraced it.
If you're despairing of anti-multi-culturalism in the UK, Emm, imagine how I feel in the US!
However, the family of the friend in the previous comments is a showcase of multiculturalism; she has 2 Chinese daughters-in-law!
Post a Comment