Sunday, January 11, 2015

Glass houses


Of course, no one actually lives in these "houses," so they don't have to worry about throwing stones.

While taking a slightly longer walk than I'd planned a week ago, I ended up circling the wonderful San Antonio Botanical Gardens. The fancy "greenhouses" you see here are on their grounds.

Henry was busy doing yardwork at our old house, which is in Mahncke Park, a nice little neighborhood that either includes or is near to not only the Botanical Gardens, but the Witte Museum, Brackenridge Park, and several good restaurants.


It's these amenities, plus lower taxes, that make the idea of moving back to this house at some point in the future an attractive proposition. However, I really like our current place, and neighborhood, and the old homestead will need a lot of work. Which is why we can't quite decide whether to take this downsizing plunge or not.

At any rate, the Gardens are easy to get to anyway, and I will try to work in a visit this spring and show you some more of it, from the inside.

No comments: