Monday, January 26, 2015

Good luck charms work again!


I think the Spurs management should really buy us season tickets. Then the team would be the first in history to go 81-0!

We extended our personal winning streak last week, watching our boys beat perennial rivals the Utah Jazz by 20 points. And our vantage point was almost as sweet as this victory margin. Courtesy of business colleagues, we got to watch in complete comfort from one of the arena's fine suites. 

This was an un-zoomed view from the box:


And zooming in really gave us good photographic results (note that most of the photos in this post were taken with Henry's super camera). Here's a great shot I got of Kawhi Leonard, our wunderkind phenom, flying up for a score (he's #2):


And after a few tries, Henry was successful in capturing Danny Green's text-book-perfect shooting form. Note the feet off the floor and the beautiful flexed wrist—it's another Tarheel Triple!


We hung around the suite for a little while after the game, trying not to munch on too many potato chips, letting the traffic to thin out a bit. The wait allowed me to get this shot of the almost empty arena. I was intrigued by the giant ladder over the basket on the right side; I guess the next event the place is hosting is something other than an NBA game?


Although this season has been rather up and down so far, we're still super-proud of our guys in silver and black. Possibly, if not probably, these banners are all we'll be getting. But we know how lucky we are to have lived through this amazing run. 


Pretty impressive, no?

4 comments:

steve l said...

well la-de-da corporate fat cats watching from a business colleague's luxury box and still you want a handout from the team to subsidize your return?

real fans sit in the stands
8-p

Kathy Amen said...

Ha! Ha! Good points! I would take seats in the nosebleed section, but I'm also not going to turn down luxury seats when they're offered 8-)

Henry Amen said...

I think it would be a record of 41-0.

Kathy Amen said...

Ooops! Right! Although it's possible that the good luck would bleed over onto road games, too, don't you think 8-)