Friday, February 24, 2017

A different season


Yes, this drain in front of the kids' house in Portland, Maine, looks a little different than it did when I showed it to you last summer. 

The Portland area had a huge week or so of snow just before I arrived (I don't know if it was from the same system that dumped so much on Garfield, Colorado, but the accumulations were similar!).

Now the weather has turned warm and a lot of the stuff is melting, but there's so much it will take more than a few days of spring-like temperatures to make a dent. I'll show you more scenes from around town later, but here's what the parking lot looked like outside a toy store we visited today:


I was at a toy store because, of course, the main attraction up here isn't the winter weather but the Exceptional Granddaughter. I've been having so much fun playing with her that I don't have too much time left over to blog, but I'll try to get some writing in next week.

2 comments:

Joan E said...

I love her colorful outfit! Reminds me of her second cousin Matt at that age!

Kathy Amen said...

She is NOTHING if not colorful.