![]() |
| "Twinkle, twinkle...like a diamond off the roof." |
When you have some warm days after a lot of snow—at least they're warm when you're in full sun, as is the whole back of our cabin (love that passive solar!)—you're going to have a lot of melting. Then, at night, and on the next cold day, that melted snow will re-freeze, as ice this time.
As I told you in my last post, the giant cluster of diamond/icicles you see above caused some concern. But, boy, was it beautiful! I just love icicles, especially when the sun hits them and makes them twinkle. Part of it is novelty, I'm sure, since they are phenomena we hardly ever see where I live. I like to think that even if I were a Colorado native I'd still get a kick out of them, however.
Here are a few other views of this monster icicle cluster, one looking back from the deck...
![]() |
| before The Shoveler got to work here |
...and yet another from the dining room window...and look at the size of that drift that links up with the icicles!
These, of course, were not the only crystals on display around the place. There were also lots of pretty singles...
Don't they look like solid ropes of diamond?! Another small delight (to go along with the hassles) of a Colorado winter.







No comments:
Post a Comment