Thursday, December 20, 2018

Fabulous photos


Yes, I know this isn't a photograph, but isn't it spectacular?! 

This is just one of the many great pieces of art at our local Briscoe Western Art Museum. I've written about this place before; follow this link to see more of its treasures. 

But the reason we visited it this week was to see its exhibition of stereo photographs of old San Antonio. You can see some of the images (in mono) here. (Their photos were much better than any I could have taken.)

I love old pictures, especially of scenes that are at least somewhat familiar, and the addition of the stereoviewing made it that much more exciting. They have the exhibition set up very nicely, with plenty of binocular viewing glasses so that you can really enjoy the stereos. We were there on a free Tuesday night, and even so it wasn't too crowded and we never had to wait for any binoculars.

If you are near SA, I highly recommend going to see this exhibit, but don't wait! It's only up until January 21.

No comments: