Thursday, December 6, 2018

More color


Last week I treated you to some gorgeous natural color in our yard and our neighborhood. But the brilliant fall we're having extends much further afield. The picture above was taken at a friend's cabin near Leakey, almost two hours west of San Antonio.

Yes, this is the same place we came to about 6 weeks ago for a fun paddle on the Frio River. This trip I didn't go on the river (the flow was even higher than before, and I had more excitement than I really like on that excursion) but enjoyed the scenery all the same.

The weather was so bright and beautiful that day that even the past-their-prime brown leaves of some oaks near the cabin were eye-catching...

blue sky and shapely branches
brown is beautiful in full sun
Of course, the fact that I didn't want to paddle did not deter Henry. Plus, my friend and I not paddling simplified his shuttle. I got some nice snaps of Frio cypresses in full fall glory while waiting, and their brown looks pretty good, too...






Closer to home, I promised glimpses of some more of our neighborhood's fine trees. So here they are:

this red oak might have been mis-pruned at some time in its past,
but its color is glorious
this beauty is both shapely and colorful;
one of my favorites all year round
not sure if this is more cedar elm beauty, or something else...
...but I'm pretty sure this is...

...and this probably is, too; doesn't it look great against the white facade?
a couple of youngsters strutting their stuff
And it's not just leaves that are colorful. Just take a look at these abundant fruits!


Wherever you are, I hope your fall is/has been colorful!

No comments: