Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: Durango elegance

5 comments:

TBM said...

Thumbs up for Durango! Have y'all done the Durango & Silverton railway? We did 10+ years ago. Breathtaking!

Mandy said...

I had to Google "Durango" but now I know! Very pretty!

Is this photo taken in Durango or is it a style of architecture?

Kathy Amen said...

We rode the railway many years ago, would love to do it again.

Sorry I couldn't think of a more illuminating title, Emm. I don't know enough about architecture to know what style it's in, but the "Durango" in the title refers to the town in SW corner of Colorado. My sister and I spent the night there on our road trip and walked around their downtown. The building is the Strater Hotel (not where we stayed, btw, but looks like it would be fun to do that). http://www.strater.com/

Mandy said...

Oh, I see now! What a gorgeous, quaint town! The site you linked to was like a trip back to the wild west!

Kathy Amen said...

With a name like "Durango," how could it be anything else? 8-) I've always thought that name sounded SO wild-west-y.