Saturday, July 31, 2010

Colorado, part 2, tomorrow

Forecast temperatures for San Antonio are in the upper 90's for the next few days so it is really a great time to be heading north!

My second trip to Colorado this summer, with Henry this time, will begin sometime tomorrow. [First early morning, then noon, have been mentioned as departure times...so I'm hoping for before dark]

We'll be spending about 10 days in beautiful downtown Garfield, relaxing, taking care of some real estate and cabin maintenance business and—hopefully—getting onto some local lakes and rivers to practice handling our new raft. Prior to, that is, taking it on a 3 night paddle on the Rio Chama in northern New Mexico.

I bought myself some new water shoes that I'm quite excited about (see at left). So I personally am just about ready to go. However, the living room is still full of only partially organized boat gear, and Henry is—guesses, anyone?—finishing up some stuff at the office. So who knows when we'll get away.

But we have river scenery like this to look forward to on the Chama, so the stress of preparation will soon be forgotten. These pictures are from Henry's trip there last summer, which you can read about in abundant detail in these blog posts of his: day 1 • day 2 • day 3.





My blogging might be somewhat intermittent for the next week or so, but I expect to have material for weeks of good posts by the time we get home.

3 comments:

TBM said...

Wow, y'all have been on the road a lot!! Have a GREAT time :-)

Kathy Amen said...

Yep, LOTS of driving, but great destinations make it worth it!

Mandy said...

Oooh, have a wonderful trip!! How exciting, a three-day boat trip! It reminds me of just how much I want to visit that part of the world one day.