When we walked around after dinner the other night, the low sun really showed off the rooflines of these wonderful structures to best advantage and I couldn't help snapping some photos.
The pottery shop I visited a few days ago is on the ground floor of the building at the left here
Quite a few of the buildings have dates, like this one, from the late 1800's:

Here are some more well-restored beauties:



I couldn't help noticing, as well, the fantastic sunset clouds above these handsome rooflines:
For fellow cloud aficianados, here's a final photo where the clouds, rather than the architecture, are the stars of the show:

In spite of the ominous look there, we only got dripped on a bit as we completed our after-dinner walk.
There will be a blog hiatus for the next few days as we start our river trip with a campout (sans internet connection) Thursday night. I hope to get lots and lots of good pictures on the cruise, and some good (but not too exciting) stories that I will share with you upon our return to civilization.

Here are some more well-restored beauties:



I couldn't help noticing, as well, the fantastic sunset clouds above these handsome rooflines:
For fellow cloud aficianados, here's a final photo where the clouds, rather than the architecture, are the stars of the show:
In spite of the ominous look there, we only got dripped on a bit as we completed our after-dinner walk.
There will be a blog hiatus for the next few days as we start our river trip with a campout (sans internet connection) Thursday night. I hope to get lots and lots of good pictures on the cruise, and some good (but not too exciting) stories that I will share with you upon our return to civilization.

1 comment:
What beautiful buildings! I can see why you love it there. Hope you're having good weather for your trip down the river :-)
Post a Comment