Here's some of the other cool stuff we saw around A-town and the UT campus. First up, I know I've shown you this amazing "too many boats" sculpture that's near Sally's office before, but I don't think my previous shots have included the iconic Texas tower as well:
Also not far from her building (which is a work of art in itself) is a breathtaking new installation, on top of an also new student center. This link gives more information about it, and some pictures that show the whole thing, but I also want to share my more impressionistic glimpses:
![]() |
| the cylinder from outside |
![]() |
| a welcome oval of blue after many days of rainy weather; this was taken inside |
...of course made even more beautiful with the addition of these lovely ladies, busy admiring it:
We also had fun sampling some local art not yet on normal public display, at the East Austin Studio Tour. Here are some samples:
![]() |
| this metal sculpture was one of my favorite items |
![]() |
| that's hundreds, if not thousands, of rolls of newspaper! |
![]() |
| this whimsical offering is titled "Deep Eddy Pool Centennial" |
And finally, after a yummy dinner downtown, we took in a series of installations along Waller Creek. We particularly liked the "Creek Zipper," and took several photos of the lights and their reflections in the water:
More reflections cast by this bright arch near our restaurant:
And this was one of the most popular spots along the creek, not surprisingly, eh?
As impressive as all this art is, there's even more, and with an even more Austin-like twist, coming up next time.
I'll close today with another shoutout to the bride and groom; thanks for throwing such a fun party in such an interesting city!
















2 comments:
It was a great party with lots of fun people and a very interesting city. I know all of my family can't wait to visit again!
I hope they can come soon, and all of them!
Post a Comment