Saturday, April 10, 2010

...by any other name...redux

You won't believe this, but I started writing this post completely forgetting that almost exactly a year ago I had one about roses, too, and with the same title!

Rather than think of this as evidence that I'm in a blog rut, I prefer to think of it as consistency.


But regardless of whether I'm in a rut or not, I got some good new pictures of roses around town to show you. Like the ones in our back yard, above. Fortunately these beauties can produce at this level with little or no intervention, since they don't get much pampering.

I did prune them a couple of months ago, but that's about it. It helps that they are both antiques*, very robust varieties.

There are a lot of roses on campus, too, which I mentioned in last year's post. Most are pink, but there are also these white beauties, which I parked nearby when I had to work today.

I also snapped this shot of our president's parking space, next to some of the pink ones. [although he didn't have to work on Saturday] I especially like the covering of the ground with petals—it gives you a good idea of how profusely they've been blooming.


I promise I'll try and come up with something other than roses to talk about next early April.


*But I might have another rose post coming up before then. I'm hoping to visit my cousin in Brenham in May, and in addition to the Blue Bell creamery, I want to visit the Antique Rose Emporium there. That's where I bought my Old Blush (pink) rose bush many years ago. I think it would really be fun to tour their grounds. And maybe pick up another bush or two.

1 comment:

TBM said...

LOL! I have done this too, and I'm going with consistent as well ;-)

Beautiful roses!!