It was a pretty old church (at least for the US) I seem to remember 1850's or around then was on a plaque. And, of course, the tulips. They look pretty exotic to me always because I guess they just can't be grown in S.Texas. 8-(
Re: tulips. I don't know if it's climate or soil but you just very, very rarely see them around here or even in Houston (which makes me think the climate's the problem, not the soil).
I am a retired librarian who loves to travel and also loves the comforts of home. The purpose of this blog is to encourage appreciation for the special wonder and uniqueness of everything I see—around the house, around town, and on my travels.
7 comments:
Gosh, that is a really divine photo! I just love the contrast of the flowers and the statue and the architecture. Nice composition!
Thanks! It would have been pretty hard to go wrong, though, with such subject matter. I was just stunned by the tulips.
Ha! You're too modest! I like tulips more and more each time I see them. They are gorgeous flowers.
This looks so European... I know it isn't, but don't you think?
It was a pretty old church (at least for the US) I seem to remember 1850's or around then was on a plaque. And, of course, the tulips. They look pretty exotic to me always because I guess they just can't be grown in S.Texas. 8-(
Oh, can't they? I expect that is why I never noticed them in South Africa either then.
Re: tulips. I don't know if it's climate or soil but you just very, very rarely see them around here or even in Houston (which makes me think the climate's the problem, not the soil).
Post a Comment