After a rather dreary and chilly Saturday, Easter Sunday here was sunny, breezy and beautiful. Great day for a short but strenuous bike ride, which I undertook just before lunch.The strenuous part involves riding up to the highest point in our little municipality, the parklike hilltop you see below. Along the way I couldn't help stopping to take a picture of the normally rather ostentatious lawn ornament on the right in its Easter finery.

This pleasant greenspace is where the neighborhood celebrates the 4 of July, and, coming up soon, Fiesta. I'll be out of town for most of the Fiesta festivities, attending a librarians' meeting in Florida, but I'll try to post some images from this city-wide week-long party.
In the meantime, I got a little bit of exercise today, courtesy of my trusty steed—my dorky but comfortable bike, shown here in repose:
Sailing around the neighborhood under pedal power makes me feel like a little girl again, even though back in those days accessories like the lock and helmet you see here weren't missed or felt to be needed. I seem to be sounding more and more like an old fart these days. But, at any rate, Happy Easter!

2 comments:
You really made it all the way up the hill?
Yes, and without getting into to number 1 "monster" gear!
Post a Comment