Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lunch Lunch

My husband is an expert at finding places serving good, cheap lunches. And when I take a day off from work, as I did Friday, I can sometimes benefit from his previous research. As it happens, this particular place has attracted some wider attention as well [see the photo at the bottom of the post] but it still fits his criteria of cheap and good. With the added benefit of fast, at least once you get seated.

That's the only problem with Taco Taco—it's tiny, tiny. So you wait in line outside until there's table space. Or counter space, which is what we opted for to get in a little earlier. They were great seats, as it turned out, right next to the chip bin:

We also had a good view of the fresh tortillas being made, right on the other side of the counter:

Pretty authentic dining experience, eh?!

I'm not sure I completely agree with the Food Network, but the tacos were good, as was the rice on my taco plate. The beans not so much, but then I'm not that much of a refried beans fan. Our tortillas de maĆ­z [I'm linking to a recipe I doubt I'll ever use—why bother? when it's so easy to let the experts do it!] were quite tasty, however, and we know they were fresh!

4 comments:

hal said...

What have I told you about these kinds of posts!

Kathy Amen said...

Thought about you when I decided to put in the picture of the chips!

TBM said...

Sorry, Kathy, but gotta agree with Hal here. I almost didn't read this post because I saw those tortilla crisps (lol!). ;-)

Glad you enjoyed the tacos, though!

Kathy Amen said...

Tortilla "crisps"? 8-) You've been in England too long, lady!